Why Choose Osseo Senior
Home of the Orioles, Osseo Senior High serves students in grades 9-12 and is one of three comprehensive high schools in Osseo Area Schools. Founded nearly 100 years ago, Osseo Senior prepares scholars for success in college and career by offering a rigorous curriculum and opportunities to earn industry certifications in health care, automotive technology and more. Enriched curriculum opportunities include:
- Advanced Placement (AP) courses
- Honors Programs (HP)
- Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO)
- Health Science magnet program
- Hmong for Native Speakers and Spanish for Native Speakers courses
Osseo Senior High is also home to award-winning athletic and fine arts programs that offer students co-curricular involvement. A wide variety of student groups, clubs and organizations also exist, allowing all students opportunities to be involved in their school community.
As a magnet school, Osseo Senior High enrolls both resident and non-resident students. If you wish to attend Osseo Senior but live outside the school's attendance area, apply for enrollment through the Northwest Suburban Integration School District (NWSISD).
Health Science magnet program
Our Health Science Program supports and builds future leaders in the health science and medical fields. The program provides authentic learning experiences that prepare students to achieve their future goals in medicine. Scholars develop practices through hands-on, project-based experiences in a professional work setting. Health Science students graduate with college credits, professional certifications, internship experiences and memories for a lifetime.
- Prepares students for a potential career in health science or medicine
- Builds essential patient care skills through hands-on learning experiences
- Offers opportunities for students to build relationships with professionals in the medical industry
- Provides options for students to earn credit at designated colleges, saving time and tuition
- Helps students build a resume that will set them apart when applying to medical programs
Nationally-certified automotive program
Osseo Senior was the first high school in the nation to earn accreditation by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation. Our automotive maintenance and light repair program is available to all students, providing real-world experience and unparalleled opportunities for Osseo Senior High scholars.
We believe that simply graduating scholars is not enough—we must equip them with the skills, knowledge and resources to engage in a meaningful future.
At Osseo Senior High, you can earn college credit, study online, and complete career and technical programs before graduating from high school. Opportunities include:
Through these strategic opportunities, our scholars can pursue individual interests, save time and money in the future, and step confidently into tomorrow.
Awards & honors
Osseo Senior High is a three-time "Best High Schools" honoree by U.S. News & World Report (2018-2020).
Individually, Orioles earn local, state and national recognition, including:
- AP Scholar honors
- National Merit Scholarship finalists
- All-Conference honors in band, choir and orchestra
- State, section and conference athletic championships